The JEFFCO POC Tester Model PT01 is designed for the measurement of Preparation Index in sugar mills and laboratories by the open cell method. Developed in Australia, the PT01 is based on the requirements of ICUMSA Method GS7-3 (1994) and BSES Method 5 and is an excellent companion for the JEFFCO Wet Disintegrator in determining the preparation index of mill shredders and milling extraction efficiency.
Most off the shelf Preparation Tester tumblers rotate aggressively. Some tumblers are configured to throw sample from end to end as the device rotates. This causes addition breakdown of cellular structure in the sample and much higher preparation than the original sample had, leading to higher calculated Preparation Index and misleading information for factory operations staff, including higher undetermined losses. The JEFFCO POC Tester is a soft and unaggressive tumbler that does not change the original preparation of the sample, whilst still extracting 100% of the available sugars, providing accurate and reliable results for improved shredder management and mill extraction.
Some important features include:
- Developed for international requirements for preparation index measurement
- Accommodates one to four sample containers at one time
- Electronic 99 minute timer
- Sample containers rotate at a nominal 70 revolutions per minute
- Direct coupled motor drive
- Stainless steel drive shaft with sealed ball bearings
- Easy to clean
- Sample containers made from robust thick wall high density polyethylene
- Sample containers are widenecked with 4.5 litres capacity
- Universal power supply 100-240V AC 50-60 Hz
- Full one year warranty
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Ideally suited for use with the JEFFCO Wet Disintegrator
The JEFFCO POC Tester Model PT01 is designed to take two or four rotating sample containers, each of 4.5 litres capacity and has an accurate digital electronic timer which allows for operational times of between 1 and 99 minutes in 1 second increments (depending on the methodology employed). The direct-coupled gear motor rotates the bottles at approximately 70 rotations per minute using a safe friction drive. The drive mechanism is easy to load, operate and clean.
Made from powder-coated steel, stainless steel, aluminium and nylon, the JEFFCO POC Tester Model PT01 is robust and designed for a long life. The unit is supplied with four (4) sample containers moulded from special thick wall high density polyethylene with a stainless steel banded sealing lid and extra sample containers are available as an option to allow fast interchange of samples for operations in high throughput laboratories.