Over recent years, near infrared spectroscopy has made big advances in accuracy and stability, becoming a tool that has moved from the research laboratory into general use. But all involved with NIR technology admit that sample preparation and presentation are major issues if accurate and repeatable reflectance measurements are to be made, especially on non-homogeneous materials. Most sample presentation systems to date have been proprietary and designed for a single purpose, making it difficult for researchers to trial new NIR applications easily. There is now a neat and economical solution.
- Variable large or small sample sizes
- Samples can be wet, dry, powder, fibrous, liquid, paste, grains, meat etc
- Compatible with most brands of reflectance spectrometers
- Direct top surface reading with no windows to foul or interfere with NIR spectra: negligible cross contamination
- Fast, accurate, compact & economical
- Simple controls for speed & compression
- Optional sample sensor for triggering
- Optional Touch Controller with laser barcode reader
- A great companion for the JEFFCO InfraSpector Vis/NIR Spectrometer
- Easy to operate, clean and maintain
- Compact and portable for laboratory or field operation
- Uses patented ASAS technology
- Designed & made in Australia
The JEFFCO InfraTester Model IT02 is a flexible, general purpose sample presentation system for reflectance spectroscopy, offering a simple way of trialing new ideas quickly, and economically processing the many samples required to establish a calibration set. Depending on the options chosen, sample sizes can vary from a few grams to ten kilograms allowing good statistical methodologies to be applied. The ability of the InfraTester to run large numbers of samples speedily and automatically makes it very suitable for generating useful data in the shortest time.
Compression Plate The patented compression plate makes short work of fibrous samples such as fibrated forage, grasses and sugar cane whilst a number of sample trimmers can prepare all types of materials for analysis. The conveyor belt is of unique design to allow direct use of sample material in a continuous stream or to carry sample trays in a compartmentalized fashion. This provides flexibility in sample sizes and allows for wet or liquid samples. Optionally, the InfraTester is able to automatically detect the presence of the sample just prior to the NIR spectrometer position and provide a trigger signal to control scanning in the spectrometer. This makes it sample size independent as it will scan all sample from start to end no matter its size – a dynamic sample handling system with no need to have fixed size or weight samples. An optional laser barcode reader sends identification details to the computer for fast easy tracking of samples for correlation with NIR spectra.
Applications limited only by your imagination No matter what your potential application, the InfraTester will provide you with convenient, economical and fast sample presentation to keep you ahead in NIR spectroscopy.
The JEFFCO InfraTester Model IT02 includes a simple Control Panel to allow fast setup and easy operation even by non-technical personnel. But if you want to have computer control with automated sample tracking, scanning control and touch screen operation, then ask about the optional Touch Controller and JEFFCO InfraSpector Spectrometers. However, the InfraTester was designed to be used with almost all NIR reflectance spectrometers. Just seek our advice first to confirm compatibility.
The unique and patented conveyor system of the InfraTester is designed to be adaptable for continuous direct carriage of sample material or compartmentalized operation with sample trays.
Potential Application Areas:
- Sugar Cane Parameter Analysis
- Wine and Grape Research
- Cane & Grape Payment Systems
- Protein Determination
- Fodder Constituent Control
- Meat Analysis
- Human and Animal Nutrition
- Fruit Quality and Ripeness
- Mineral Sample Analysis
- Plant Variety Testing
- Waste Processing
- Dairy Products Research
- Paper Pulp Manufacturing
- Pet Food and By-product Analysis
The InfraTester is designed and manufactured in Australia to the highest quality standards for a long and trouble-free life.